The Myriad Benefits Of Anti-Aging Dental Procedures
Posted on: 20 January 2017
The natural aging process leads to several physical changes that combine to make you look older. While there are a number of invasive procedures that can help restore your youthful appearance, plastic surgery is not the only way to help turn back the clock. This type of dental work – often called anti-aging dentistry – helps improve your appearance and health in many important ways.
Every patient has their own unique goals, but most anti-aging dental work involves grinding the teeth down until they are the proper shape and size, and then covering the teeth with new, pearly white veneers. By doing so, the teeth not only look much whiter, but the mouth's structure is restored to that of your youthful self.
Some of the most notable benefits provided by anti-aging dental techniques include:
- Because anti-aging dental techniques usually re-align the way the mouth closes, it usually restores the jaw joint to the proper alignment. This can help reduce the pain brought on by TMJ and similar problems.
- By restoring the natural position of the mouth, the neck and head muscles are not under the constant stress that they have been while you've aged. This can help relax these muscles and eliminate the tension you feel in this area.
- Anti-aging dental work helps to restore the size of the teeth, which often shrink over time. This helps to support your lower face properly, which can make your face look younger.
- Because your teeth are restored to their proper size during anti-aging procedures, many patients experience a reduction in tooth-grinding and snoring. This not only makes it easier for your spouse to sleep, you'll benefit from more restful sleep as well.
- Your lips will begin to appear flatter and flatter as you age, primarily because your teeth are not supporting them as well. By restoring your teeth, your lips will begin to look fuller. This eliminates the need to undergo costly and temporary procedures, such as Botox injections.
- The healthier your teeth and mouth are, the easier it is to chew your food and the less jaw fatigue you'll experience while doing so.
As you can see, dental care can help improve not only your appearance, but your quality of life as well. Most such work can be completed quickly, easily, and without any significant pain or discomfort. Talk to your dentist to see if you are a good candidate for anti-aging dentistry – you'll be glad that you did. Contact a professional like Dr. Mahnaz Rashti to learn more.Share